Thread: Xlif
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 10:23 PM

HI, Dr Ewards at peedee ortho in floorence wanted to cut me two yrs ago L4S1 L5S1 I said NO Already been cut there. I put it oof till NOW. I saw their ad on Tv and contacted : Southeaster SPine institue they ONLY do SPINE > ALL their training is working on the spine. I am not letting ANYONE cut my back again. I was looking for other options. From everything I have researched this is as good an option to avoid cutting my back muscles again.
Do I trust surgeons , NO.. The last guy who cut me came in the room where i was waking up and LAUGHED and says HAHA BET U R in a LOT of PAIN I REALLY CUT U. Could thing I couldn't get up or Id probably still be in JAIL.

I am very physical I simply put off getting "something" done for too long already. I haven't seen any other answers for bone on bone than SOME TYPE of surgery. I am NOT liking all the PREP they r calling for prior to surgery day? I certainly am NOT expecting it to be a piece of cake. But they claim the PAIN level isn't as bad as ur back and recovery time is much shorter. NO PT about 8 to 12 weeks down time. the 12 weeks r more becuas eof what I do. the NORMAl down time is 8 to MAYBE 10.