View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 11:26 PM

The only people who I have seen are my GP, the WCB Dr (also a GP), and the WCB physiotherapists. I asked my Dr about piriformis syndrome and SI joint dysfunction, he just said no it's not that. A discography has not been done, that is not something that he does. Seeing another doctor is not possible at this time, where I live 1/4 of the population does not have a family doctor. I am trying to save up money for traveling to see someone else, it just always seems like something comes up and takes a chunk out of those savings. The last one was the engine going on my car, 10 months over warrenty, 84 000 km's...sometimes it seems like I am cursed.

I am in Canada, and I don't know anything about private care, or choosing doctors. I had the same GP until I was 25 and he retired, and I was lucky to get the GP I have now. It's going to be a steep learing curve.

I have to agree about WCB getting in the way, at least in my experience. My doctor had wanted me off of work when this first happened, and the WCB physiotherapist overruled him. They were good about tests, PT for the first 3 months, when I didn't get better they just said that I had reached my MMI and that was it. They washed their hands of me. Health care won't pay if it's a work injury, so I'm stuck trying to come up with the money. Unfortunetly as long as I can work, they don't care about my quality of life.

Thanks to all for your replies.