Thread: Xlif
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 10:17 AM

mmglobal, EXACTLY, not that make sme feel any better. He has (IMO) mad eit pretty clear that I will need further surgery. That HE can't quarntee that THIS will fix the pain. But maybe this will FIX the worst of it and MAYBE we can MANAGE the pain with (I GUESS) shots? OR "I" will be putting MORE money in his pocket. BUT cutting me at that location AGAIN is NOT an OPTION> Been there done that TWICE. I devolped scar tissue so bad it caused as much pain as the orginal issue. IF this doesn't get the majority of it I will seek laser . I simply dont see how anything but a SPACER will do anything with Bone on bone. They r going to but the spacer in and screws above and below. Thats the problem that doesn't fix L5S1 or the bulge and narowing lower down. Thats not his fault. The full surgery the XLIF AND the L5 S1 would have meant two surgery's over 8 hrs long. THe ting I am upset about there is he said ORGINAL thats what HE THOUGHT was BEST> But he said we may do it the same time or take u back to OR the next morning cause it is so long I frowned on that said if you r going to do 2 "I'd" prefer while ur in there GET EER DONE! If I wake up in pain then they say they want to do more Id panic and say NO!
Rehab woulld have been awfull but at least they SHOULD have been able to take care of the worst of my ill's. WHAT upsets me about that is did "THEY" change their minds for the right reasons. Cause he had said before he didn't KNOW IF THEY would have enough time to do BOTH cause they have so MANY to do in one day UH HELLO than u need to schedule differently! Take care of MY problem right than go on to the next paitent. I am having to WAIT OVER A MONTH as it is.