Thread: Xlif
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 10:20 AM

Maria I hear ya and totaly agree. I have been living with the pain at some levels since 85. I have all but crawled home or out of my truck at the end of the day. NOW that I have BONE on Bone Ithink taking pain meds strong enough to deal with this isn't safe I feel "something" has to be done and am trying to make the right dicisions. One good thing happened yesterday. My boss has a x BNL who is a retired ortho surgeon. She said write itall down email me and she would pass it on too him and see what he says. SO I did that last night. Dr Dewy is awesome guy I have met him. He told me 2 yrs ago when ONE surgeon advised the tens machine for me. He said DONT DO IT THAT is the absolute LAST resort anyone should take. SInce i wasn't willing to let them cut me from L4 thru L5S1 which is exactly where the last surgeon was in 94 I have lived with the pain getting increasing stronger. I it would seem is someone who devlopes extensive scar tissue . IT wasn't that the surgries were not successful the SCAR tissue caused as BIG a problem as the orginal issue. SO in THAT sesne the surgery didn't HELP. SO I am needless to say scared to death of them cutting my back AGAIN specialy in the SAME AREA.

right now at 60 I am about 13 pounds over weight but under neath that I am in pretty good shape physicaly. I am also pretty HEALTHY except my back., IF I MUST HAVE SURGERY I think NOW is the time to do it BEFORE I GET OLDER and maybe not as healthy Physical or other wise.
So even though I am expressing doubts deep down I KNOW I need (HAVE) to do something just second guessing myself BUT I have done that ALL MY LIFE in ALL aspects of my life I will see what Dr dewy has to say and decide from there. I dont HAVE to wlak into that OR room unless I want to and dont care how mad THEY GET if i change my mind