View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 05:32 PM

Default Maybe

I'm off base here however the fact that your case was presented in front of 200 surgeons or physicians and not one had a new or differing recommendation than what you were advised of says to me that these surgeons/physicians don' t deal with thoracic issues (or have the experience) and may not be comfortable suggesting something that goes against the comfort zone of the practice of what they currently practice or their expertise/knowledge.

It may be one thing to verbalize or contemplate a thought of what possibilities are however to make a recommendation may be something none of these physicians/surgeons felt comfortable doing in present company or setting given the legal climate surrounding the medical practice.

This is not to say that someone somwhere doesn't deal with Thoracic issues. I too have seen Dr.Regan although for a consult regarding my lumbar spine and felt he was worth the wait in time that day and a cash pay price. At the time I was squeezed in between several other consults Mark had brought to Dr.Regan that day but for my $ I felt his opinion was every bit as thoughtful if not even much more than one I had my WC insurance paying for (or several). Of course I think because I was going with Mark's direct referral that made a difference as well at least definately in terms of being squeezed in and time spent w/me.

Keep your hopes up and the recommendation perhaps of an online consult sounds like something that might be good as well if an in person one would be out of the question re cost/ability to travel. Wishing you the best with this and please don't be too discouraged. Perhaps these other doctors did you a favor by not giving a recommendation that they didn't really know about or feel comfortable giving. Perhaps best left to those that do know more or are practicing a bit more with this area of the spine.

Last edited by Maria; 01-31-2011 at 05:36 PM.