View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 11:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to tisury

Thanks Dale. While being completely normal (although I have been told that's impossible cause I never was totally normal -lol) and totally pain free after surgery would be a most welcome miracle, I am being realistic and I will be very satisfied if I can say as you have - that I have gotten my life back. Even if I have to deal with some pain. As long as it isn't like now - 24/7 even with fairly high doses of narcotic pain relievers. Right now just being able to sit through a meal in a restaurant without being near tears would be a miracle.

Thanks for responding Mark. I figured if there was some kind of trend, there was a good chance you would be aware of it. I must say it is comforting to hear you say that you have not seen or heard of any major differences in the outcomes between men and women. I will have to email my friend and see if I can get her to elaborate a little more on the reasoning behind the statements made to her. Needless to say, she is somewhat distraught over needing a fusion where the ADR's were placed.
(And yes, there is definetely a good joke in the way your statement was worded). I have two sisters-in -laws that also have back problems to some degree. The ongoing joke is that the 3 brothers must be too hard on their women.

Maria, first congratulations. You have worked hard to get to this point. I haven't been on line much recently...........when is your surgery scheduled for? Who will be performing your surgery? Best wishes to you.
Oct 2004-very minor improvement -severe nerve pain in hips,legs, and backside has not improved.
Rhizotomy L2-L5 no relief
Sept 2005-Positional MRI shows bulges at L3-4 &
L4-5 impinging on nerves
May 2006 Nuleoplasty L3-5 no help
May 22 2007-2nd ADR surgery-2 level Prodisc (L34 &
L45) & vertebroplasty - Dr. Bertagnoli -Germany.

Last edited by tisury; 03-23-2007 at 12:04 AM.