View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 04:31 AM

Hi Newhere
I had terrible thoracic pain and did have the VATS procedure done by DrRegan. My spine surgeon sent me to him as DrRegan is well known and highly regarded. My experience with him was not good. He did remover the T-6 disc that was bothering me terribly for years. Also he was supposed to remove T11-12. WEll at the end of the surgery i had lost lots of blood, he never gave me any, had problems with my oxygen saturation and kept on going to remove hardware in the back that he did not discuss with me.
I ended up that day on a respirator as i stopped breathing. He never came to see me during my 12 day hospital stay, no one ever looked at my incision or told me how to take care of it. Then he went away for 2 weeks.
I went back to my spine surgeon for treatment.
My regular spine surgeon would have had to do an open thoracotomy to get to the disc (which i ended up having a partial thoracotamy to untrap my lung)
So i highly do not recommend DrRegan, he spends no time with his patients and would not answer any of my questions when i confronted him.
judy