View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 03:58 PM

Default interesting

Thank you for posting this as I continue to wait and do nothing regarding my low back and neck. In fact as I experienced very bad neck pain since early this morning at 0100 and couldn't get comfortable enough to sleep an intense migraine developed. I started to worry that perhaps I'm waiting too long to something about my neck as the last time I saw an OSS for my cervical spine (nearly 2 years ago) he said I have a bulge at C5/6 that is small and not bad enough to do surgery and DDD at 3 levels and osteophytes which are normal in aging spines so he dismissed me with PT which flared me up more.

With this h/a in place and migraine I started to worry that I might do the same thing that I did with my lumbar spine which was wait so long to do anything multi level fusion is the only option available to me according to my current OSS because of status of facets.

It would be wonderful to not have to have surgery in any traditional sense. I'm sure there's limitations here or inclusion/exclusion criterion here as well however one can hope so thanks for posting this. In any event I know that one of these days I'll need an updated review of my cervical status which is under my regular medical insurance unlike my low back which is covered under WC future medical insurance and the last time I saw my OSS for that he said WC was denying everything ~ ESIs, surgery .. so see you in 6 months. ESIs had been very helpful to me with regard to my low back even tho they're a bandaid type of modality vs. curative. Worked for me re short term relief (several months at a time usually).

Last edited by Maria; 02-02-2011 at 04:04 PM.