Thread: Loose Screws
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 07:57 PM

Hi Everyone and thanks for your replies.
Mark, thanks for the humor too. The psychosis was pretty bad but now that 4months have gone by just a memory already. It did involve the end of the world which made it pretty darn scary. My husband had to hire someone to stay with me at nite as i heard i got up like 50 times. That amazes me as i could not get up alone before and after the psychosis.

My spine surgeon has studied in Germany and UK and that is where he had practiced the cervical osteotomy. When my neck actually fell off the thoracic spine i had a piece of hardware sticking out of my thoracic spine. Creepy reminder every day.
I think he would have to sink the new screws in C3 which he was trying to avoid. I need to look up the range of motion for C-3 to see what else i would miss.

One question to Mark as i value your non medical opinion very much, as much as a medical one. Do you think as no fusion has taken place with surgery only a few weeks ago that surgery has to happen. In other words it would be bad medical practice to leave the loose screws in there?
thanks again
judy