View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 05:34 PM

Hi Can't Sit,

I am a female with a 2 level Prodisc at L4-5 & L5-S1. I have also been to TBI and have met Dr Zigler. However, due to the long waiting lists at the time - I couldn't take it any longer and went abroad and had the surgery performed by Dr. B.

I don't know how long you have lived in chronic pain from your back, however, I can tell you that I was ailing for 3 years before making that decision and taking that leap of faith.

I am doing pretty good now at almost 3 years post-op. I do have some back aches and some pings of sciatica - however, nothing like I had before surgery.

In my case, after having ADR - the first day/night post-op was the toughest and then things just got better. I think walking as soon as you possibly can post-op helped a lot. The back pain, resolved a lot within the first week or two post-op and the leg pain hung out for about 2 months or so....Then, one morning I woke up and it was gone.....Now, I like I said, I still get the sciatic pain on and off - especially with weather changes. However, I still keep the fingers crossed when I say these things and hope and pray that I don't have to live like I was living prior to surgery.

Good luck and I wish you nothing but pain free days in the near future!!!

Poncho