View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 02:18 AM

My hardwear in my thoracic spine was put in by my spine surgeon in Pasadena who was hoping it would not be a hard surgery on me and would stop the pain in that area. My ribs always felt like they were moving and painful.
DRRegan did not discuss removing this hardwear . It had only been in 11 months. I assumed he would have the remove the hardwear around the area of disc removal, but not the whole darn thing and take like 5 hours after i had breathing problems.

I don't need hand holding, just was used to surgeon's who came in each day and more so if there was anything difficult going on.

I had surgery on a friday with DrRegan and called him on the following wed. as he had left his cell # on my phone instead of calling my husband after surgery. I was very upset, getting breathing treatments every 3 hours, really weak and anemic. ANyway after i explained who i was he wanted to know where i was. Did not even know a patient of his was still in the hospital. I gave him a few opportunities to explain himself, once he basically walked out of the exam room he wouild never give me an idea of what happened in the OR and the last time i saw him he said Oh are you the one who lost a lot of blood. None was replaced until a primary care doctor came to adopt me as he called it. I believe a nerve called the phrenic nerve was injured during surgery which caused and is still causing breathing problems.
Sorry to go on about him, but he does have an excellent reputation, he did remove one disc before the nerve was damaged, the other is still hurting.
I just needed him to come and see my incision and talk to me about the complications that occured and how i ended up on a respirator.
judy.