Thread: Loose Screws
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 06:50 AM
Administrator

Psychotic reactions to surgery? My surgery at the AlphaKlinik was Sept 2002. In Oct. 2003, I went back to the AK and had been invited into the OR to observe surgery. I kept hearing some tittering among the staff and I seem to be the subject, so I asked, "what's funny?"

"They call you the alligator!"

"Why?"

Apparently, I had a psychotic reaction to the anesthesia and awoke in the recovery room, sitting up and swinging. I slugged an OR nurse putting her on the floor. The had kind of a TV episode moment as everyone was scrambling to hold me down and sedate me. They halted surgery for over an hour while everyone's adrenaline subsided.

I had some comparatively minor, but still quite unpleasant for the staff; episodes in the next few days in the hospital. For the next couple of weeks, I had horrible dreams. I could not believe I had those thoughts in my head. Waking up was kind of a 1/2 dream, 1/2 waking fog kind of torture. "Please, let me wake up from this dream."

So we have something in common. Let's get a camera crew and get together to do some anesthesia... could generate some great reality TV!

You are not alone.

The Alligator
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org