View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 10:57 PM

Hi Shebo
I'm sorry i don't know your history and just had to speaK My piece of a certain doctor.
Have you had discography to show that all the herniations are pain generators? I know i wanted DrRegan to remove a few more discs that did hurt during discography and he wanted me to have the procedure again before he removed any but the 2 i labeled a 20 out of 10. But my insurance co. would not pay for the first so i knew they would not pay for the second. I had DrRegan come back in and just told him to remove the 2.
My spine surgeon was originally going to do it for me until he thought we have the best in Los Angeles, why should i mess with this. But he would not have done it without the discography that i suggested. Then he had a good friend do the discography, who came into his office the next morning saying it was very painful for me .
I know how horrible that thoracic pain was for me for a few years and don't want anyone to suffer through it as you know the difficulty in finding a surgeon.
My ribs also hurt and had spasms or some other type of sudden pain too. Fortunately that is now gone with my osteotomies and kyphosis and fusion surgery in Sept. and DrRegan did get that upper disc out and is now a pain free area. Yahh!!!!!! Not the lower back yet though.

The group of doctors that your pain management doc presented to, was that pm docs or spine surgeons? I can see why pm docs would have no suggestions. Hard to deal with this pain., I could only reduce it , not get rid of it. And when it was really bad even percocet only touched it a little.
I do want to help
judy