Thread: Nursing staff
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 07:30 PM

I always have a very detailed list with meds and when i take them.. Generalize with most to am or pm. Some are just not found in the hospital pharmacy and a pharmacist always seems to visit me. I have pituitary failure going on and replace a lot of hormones. They also claim to not have the meds i take for GERD. Only one. But it is the only one that works.
I usually hand out about 5 lists of meds, doctors and phone #'s medical conditions and now surgeries and dates. STill it doesnt work. I've been in tears when nurses looked at old info on the computer and refused to look at my updated list(which i brought to my pre op apt) Then they want to write down that the patient refuses meds!!! I am on steroids as i no longer make cortisol and need it especially in stressful situations. I would die if i did not take it.

When i had my hip replaced they gave me my whole list in the morning. 9am is med time at the hospital i am usually at. They included my trazadone which i use to sleep. I just blurry eyed remember my surgeon coming in and telling me to go back to sleep. I slept all day.
I've tried it all!!!
judy