View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 10:48 PM

Default Gosh Maria, it's like reading my own story

I too have head aches and neck pain. I know though for a fact that it's my neck causing the head aches. I already have a 3 level fusion, but it has placed stress/pressure on the levels above and below. The above level would be the c 2/3 and the below would be the c 6/7. I can feel the stress at the base of my scull! From time-to-time it causes pain so sever that I have to tune out all light and noise and lay down. I took two Aleve and a Demerol and it took over two hours for it to start to subside. I too have the stress of the weight of caring for my parents on top on all of this. My mother is close to having a stroke and my father who is on disability from heart by-pass, GI-by pass and is diabetic has recently had a back injury and hit his head after slipping on the ice here in Oklahoma City. I just pray and give it to God, because I can hardly take care of this myself. Anyway, back to me...I have tried physical therapy, chiropratic, and massage, and pills till I can't take the pills anymore. But when the pain gets really bad, I pop one. I try to keep from taking them until I need them, but my doctor wants for me to take then daily regardless. It's is easier to control pain before it gets bad. I know that is true and I know that I should do the same thing. But my fear is that if I take the strong stuff they want to put me on now, I won't have anything to go to once that stops working. So I stretch a lot and do my strenght building 3-4 times a week. I also enojy red wine, 5-6 oz 3-4 evenings weekly and 1-2 martinis weekly. I only allow myself 1-2 per night. You have to protect your liver. (wink) I watch a lot of comedy TV, I think funny shows helps me escape for a while. I was really sad when Fox took "The Good Guys" off...The headaches are more and more now. My atlas is totally off wack. I even have facial pain now. Please feel welcomed to contact me or ask any questions...

Last edited by cherylstewart67; 02-10-2011 at 10:54 PM.