View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 05:22 PM

Default sounds more like

An ultimatum from your PM re "considering options".. like consider this because I want to take you off all meds. That wouldn't sit well w/me.

Then again I don't know if you get any relief w/meds so perhaps it's not right of me to say the above either. However if there's one thing I feel I've learned with all my spine stuff is to get more than one opinion whenever anyone suggests something invasive or of a surgical nature of any kind.

If you get any benefit from meds such as it addresses some pain issues and/or you're not maxing out doses (such as maxing out on doses and getting no benefit) and/or experiencing any toxicity, side effects or probs to end organs then why stop taking them. Then again if they don't help at all and/or any of the other issues are a concern I can understand the prescribing physician wanting to discontinue prescribing or perhaps looking into prescribing something different maybe long acting to see if that could help with your pain (again I don't know what you've tried or your PM has already tried re prescribing so take what I say re ultimatum and such with a grain of salt).

Can you see someone else or get a few more opinions?

Last edited by Maria; 02-13-2011 at 05:34 PM.