View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 05:31 PM

Default re discograms

Shebo,
Not sure if you're going to have a discogram ordered though just want to state I've had 3 and they certainly weren't as bad as the after math of myelograms "for me."

The pain of the discogram was very sudden and quick and went away quickly. The first discogram I had I had pain for about 3 days afterward like a flare up really. The 2nd one I had the doctor injected Marcaine into the levels after the procedure so it numbed it sort of and I experienced about one day of down time. The 3rd discogram I had a lumbar Epidural after it so again about 1 day downtime.

For me they weren't any big deal except how nervous I was before each one. And then I decided to not have more surgery anyway even though based on all discograms and all opinions more surgery was recommended.

I was wondering about something you stated which sounds like you take Percocet for pain. Is that all that you take? The reason I ask is could it be that there might be another pain medication that would be of greater assistance to you than Percocet? Maybe that's too short acting and just doesn't quite "get it" in terms of helping much. Just wondering...

I too was a shut in re pain once upon a time though it's been a good while since then. It's good to have hope.. things can definately get better as many people have written about here either with surgery or without or with some kind of intervention. Stay hopeful!