View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 08:53 PM

Default Vertebral Fracture

Hi
Wondering if anyone has any idea how long it takes for a vertebral fracture to heal? Mine is in my lower thoracic area. I did not ask the doc what level, i should have. Will next time i see him for ESI's on march 2nd. I am fusing at that level and both above and below it. It really hurts with activity , even walking, and has referred pain to both hips. It is preventing me from standing up straight some times when it gets really bad .
Percocet works to make it tolerable. Unfortunately , someone in my house had their way with my perc. prescription when i first got this months supply so i am really short and can only take 3 pills per day. My dose as i have been taking them so long is 2 so that really only gives me a dose when i wake up and can barely move. Then every few days i can take 2 doses per day.

My doc fixed my 2 upper thoracic compression fractures with kyphopolasty in Nov. He wasn't sure he could get into the space with all the hardwear, but he was successful. I guess i was not complaining of the lower level at that time or just had the long fusion with osteotomies and was in pain anyway and could not separate it all.

Sorry it was such a long post when i had only one question!!!!
thanks for reading and responding.

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot