View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 03:13 AM

I am in California with no attachments to my treatment . My primary care referred me to a friend of his in pm. Otherwise i could not get into his practice. I really knew nothing of pm before that. I went to see him and he prescribed meds and had me up what i was taking and i felt like a new person in a day and was so happy. WHen he heard who my surgeon was he bluntly said i dont work with him. So some apts were good and some he was not so friendly. Well my spine surgeon always does his own ESI. Apparantly the pm doc was mad at that everytime i reported having any and when i had the thoracic discography and he had not done it that was the last straw. He emailed me a nasty letter. I sent one back (nice one) and then he apoligized. But told me another pm doc who should see me

New doc is associated with my spine surgeon. On my way to my apt like 10 minutes before i get a call from someone at her office. They wanted to know why i thought i could go to 2 docs, or why was he not seeing me anymore. All kinds of questions. It was a strange first meeting. She sounded like she did not like my spine surgeon either and said that is how they make their money and she was going to see if the first doc would take me back.
NIce to feel wanted!!!!
I am still with doctor #2. I am having injections the day after i see her with my spine surgeon and i don't know if i should even mention them.
so i am kind of afraid to change if i heard of someone great. I'd say try to get a referral from a doc as your primary care , seems to go smoother that way.

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot
2012 Revision fusion T-12 thru L5