View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Pain med effect (?)

I've been losing weight and had a real lack of appetite for the last 6 months or so altho the last 2 or 3 months have been pretty weird in that I've had so much energy and felt so *speedy*. I'm on 10mg/Methadone/day and 1800mg/Neurontin/day plus some other meds prn ~

The speediness is nearly intolerable at times, and I cannot sleep at all any more w/o a sleeper...

I have consulted various professionals thinking it was my personal situation (separated in last two years) my mental status (diagnosed w/situational depression re back/personal sitch) but NO meds ordered for this since sleep deprivation was thought to be the biggest problem currently.

The PM suggested cutting down on the Methadone which I've tried with rebound severe tailbone pain and legs feeling like stone (and burning in quads). He said I'd probably adjust but I don't feel like adjusting to that and slowing down my life as I've been much more active "for me".

I feel w/o the Methadone I'd be unable to do much but lie around, and if it continues to have this effect on me, I won't be able to lie down and rest at all ....

The PM said this effect does happen with some people who've been on pain meds for a long time (6 years)...

Anyone else out there have this effect? Ever?