View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 08:18 PM

Default fusion re ADR

Jim,
Not everyone is a candidate for ADR and fusion is still an option for some who for whatever reason fall into the category of needing it so there have been a number of threads in the last few years w/people reporting successful fusion surgeries even multi level.

In my own case there was a time I was a candidate for ADR at several lumbar levels but I let that time pass and surrounding structures are no longer what they should be (facets) for an ADR to be performed. Fusion is still an option should I want to go there. If my symptoms warrented this and I would consider it or if it's all that's available to me and thought to be what would correct the problem in the hands of a talented/gifted surgeon coming highly recommended.

I think Mark has acknowledged before (a number of times) that sometimes fusion is the right surgery for the right reasons.

What's your status with recommendations? Are you seeking more opinions to validate what you've been advised to do thus far? Hope whatever you choose to do will work for you. Keep us posted.