View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Dale, great suggestion! I only have lumbar braces, but I can certainly give one a try and see if the brace keeping my trunk in a more neutral position will help. I know you are suggesting only specific uses of the brace. For other readers, constant use of such a brace can decondition your core muscles, making the problem worse instead of better.

Maria, your point is well taken. I do need to improve my work habits... specifically not getting ensconced in what I'm doing and taking more frequent breaks.

I'm sorry about the "are you on drugs" crack. Everyone who knows me, realizes that this was said with a laugh and was only intended to make the readers smile. Someone who doesn't know me may think that that is how I communicate. That is not thet case.

Regarding Dragon: I have windows7 on my laptop. It comes with the Dragon speech to text engine incorporated in the operating system release.... very smooth implementation. It is a wonderful tool and if I was worse, I'd use it more. Like most propeller-heads, I type really fast. It is soooo very slow. My laptop is 6 years old and is maxed out at 2GB of RAM, so it's relatively underpowered for the demands I put on it. When I win the lottery, I'll upgrade. But... like your brace suggestion.... I need to get out the headset (6 yrs ago, many laptops still didn't have an onboard mic) and see if I can get better at using the speech to text system. Thanks!

All the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org