View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 07:13 PM

Default in jest

Mark,
I know the "are you on drugs?" question was in jest/lighthearted so no offense taken by me and probably most that post here know your style of communication as well.

Dragon speaking naturally is what I was thinking about in my earlier post and I have a very outdated version of it that was incredibly tedious. Would love something that involved little to no typing as I either sit and give myself a backache typing or crouch and give myself a neck ache typing or sort of semi recline and use the laptop and give myself multiple probs all at once.

However since I don't work I'm only on the computer for fun/relaxation. Sure can get carried away with that too at times!

While I was in Fla. packing boxes at the end (fairly light so I could lift, move and weigh them for a Fedex account yet totaling around 500 lbs all inclusive) then pushing this monster big old fashioned TV on the floor not (you know wiggle this side, wiggle that side and get it to move since I could never lift) I managed to exacerbate back, neck and create some thoracic level pain I've only occasionally experienced. I was told long ago this area would be problematic someday however not so yet (except very occasionally).

Trying to lie down on my back and sleep is when I felt the discomfort/ pain most significantly like it was a dull dagger sticking up thru the underside of my thoracic area about T6 (?) between the spine and the mid to lower part of my shoulder blade. That sucked!!!! Lasted several days. Was holding my breath that I'm not going to start having pain in this part of my spine as well. Hopefully was a ligamental, tendonous, muscular type of pain because it went away.

When I type like now sitting however I start to feel this tightening in that area again and spreads up around my shoulder and into my neck. Guess it's ligamental/muscle related. Not something I want to '"encourage" so on that note ... I'm outta here for walk!

Have thought of a thoracic brace myself to sort of pull my shoulders back instead of hunching them forward (round shoulders). At least to see if that helps with upper back/neck stuff.

Last edited by Maria; 02-27-2011 at 07:18 PM.