View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 09:37 PM

Hello everyone,

Mark I received my results from my thoracic and cervical mri. Not so good, small posterior central disc protrusion at t2-t3. Posterior broad based annular disc buldge slightly to the right at t4-t5. And posterior broad based spondylitic buldge is identified with congentially short pedicles at t10-t11. No additional disc protrusions or central canal stenosis noted throughout the thoraic spine.

Im worried, but kinda not because I think heavy body building played a role as i have done it for 15 years and these buldges are a combo of that and natural where and tear. Sucks though cause i never had any spine trouble until 2010. I have no real symptoms from these buldges execpt for maybe t2-t3, which may be giving me that ache below my c7-t1 disc replacement. No band like numbness or abdominal pain just an achy area that feels like it needs to be massaged. This same area is affected with that flexion and inward moton of my neck. So that leads me to believe that it has to do with my cervical spine. After all i did have a 3 level cervical adr just 3 months ago. I emailed the report and images to Dr. Clavel and he is awsome at getting back to me, even with all my questions he is so good at answering them in a timely manner. So maybe I just not bodybuild anymore and just try and use the lighter weight for function strength and let my body and spine relax for the duration, man how I loved the sport though!! Cant be he-man forever i suppose.

I have a question, should I still do my flexion exercises if i feel discomfort at the lower end of the movement. When my chin gets close to my chest (2 inches) it starts to irritate my left forarm. i was thinking maybe ill just let my normal movements guide my neck and with time and my body being adjusted to the new discs this will go away. Thats the game plan for now. Just want to say thank you for your responses Mark. I know how busy you are and how your own spine issues can get in the way of normal life. May everyone be well.

Jarrod

Last edited by Jarrod; 03-01-2011 at 09:41 PM.