View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 04:31 PM

Update at 8 weeks mostly for myself , but maybe someday someone will be needing a cervical osteotomy and will appreciate this.
I had the ESI's for my lumbar spine 3 days ago, not sure if i am still feeling pain from the injections or the lumbar pain. Jury is still out.

My neck is doing well , except for a little new pain caused by someone lowering my bed too fast the other day for the injections. I don't know what they thought the darth vadar like brace was still on me for. The shoulder pain is gone. I get a little twinge now and then when i carry something very light, so i have to watch that. He is keeping me in the brace for 2 more weeks until i have my next follow up visit. Then he said at that visit he will put me in a different brace. (i'm sure it won't be so cool as this one) I will probably miss all the stares. Especially from kids.
I still have pain if i touch the right side of my neck. I will ask my doc if this is where the loose screws are. Still using the shower brace too. I am looking forward to taking a shower and really being naked. I feel the back of my neck has never been washed!!!
overall doing quite wonderfully in that area .

I am going to meet the neurosurgeon on wed who thinks he can help with the nerve damage to my phrenic nerve which causes the diaphram muscle to work and sensation in the chest area. Since that was injured during DrRegan's surgery i have had constant pain (only if i touch it ) to my right upper quadrant and only have 45% lung capacity left. I used to run the mountain trails and am out of breath going up the stairs. The clock is ticking as the doctor's office said the 2 year mark is kind of the limit to trying to repair nerves. Not looking forward to more recovery , but the possible outcome is wonderfully exciting.
That's what's going on in the upper parts right now, its the lumbar that is a mess now.

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot
2012 Revision fusion T-12 thru L5