View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 06:03 PM

Default do you have

Scoliosis of the lumbar spine? Is one leg shorter than the other (is in most people)? Are you having muscle spasms?

In the a.m. when I first get up I'm bent over usually for a bit. Then I straighten out as I "warm" up. Sometimes I sort of lean to one side if one side is bothering me and in spasms however I do have lumbar scoliosis and I do have one leg shorter than the other. One hip is sort of rotated forward a bit.

I have had PT and exercises to do to help me out with this in the past though I usually just work thru it and a good hot shower in the a.m. helps and getting out and walking a bit.

No doubt my posture, stance. alignment has changed over the years esp. since my 2 right knee surgeries and 2 lumbar spine surgeries. Still all in all I feel pretty good and sort of just deal with the tightness and spasms best I'm able.. some days I'm markedly slower and less able to do things and I try to listen to my body and rest as needed and function well as much as I'm able.

Back in '06 I think I had films done to see if I had lumbar instability and I didn't so I'm guessing I don't now. See your doctor re updated films if you think that's necessary or your symtoms warrent it.