View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 08:23 PM

Judy,

I think you are right, I am just expecting to much too soon. I have such a busy life school, work, family, its just nuts! I have not done anything to strenous though, as far as lifting or such. I just need to realize that my spinal nerves are frazzled from all the trauma over the past 5 months. So I thank you for reminding me to slow my role and let my body heal for a long time. Maybe 3 months per disc which equals 9 months total. I forget that they went in from the front to get to the back and replaced three discs, so maybe im expected to be a little achy for the first year. I read about the fast healers who have had symptoms for years and i get discouraged cause i was hoping to be one of them, but as the draw would have it, I am not.

Please do not think i am not happy, i have tolerable pain/aches that I deal with without any medication. I am hoping that one day I will wake up and this pain in my lower shoulder blade will begin to fade and that i can get through the days without having it on my mind. I also kno that with my two shoulder surgeries it took me almost 9 months each to be pain free with no restrictions, so I know i am a slow healer. I hope not to come across as a complainer, but rather someone who seeks experience from others so I might have a timetable as to what is expected. c7-t1 is a hard disc to get info on as there are few who have had this disc replaced, so I take those who have upper back aches and pain from c6-c7 adr to heart so I might realize that if they too have shoulder blade pain then I should too because my disc was 1 lower.

I am resting now, not pushing in anyway and seem to be getting along ok, achy but ok. No more forced flexion or doing things that might flare me up. So i am in a good place to understand that I had major surgery and that it takes alot longer than 3 months to be even close to my old self. I also have read many posts about people who took 9 months to a year to become their normal selves again, and even up to a year or more. I just like to vent sometimes and ask some questions to see if anyone can relate or add advive, so thank you very much. May you continue to heal and have totasl recovery.

Jarrod