View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 08:01 PM

Default It's official Stenum Money gone

Quick overview, I had (2)M6 ADR's in 2009, I had the Ritter-Lang 2 level "drive thru surgery" (40 minutes). The foramen at C5/C6 was not cleaned out so I continued having pain. One year later I had C5/C6 removed and fused. My U.S. surgeon mentioned it was beginning to fuse as well. That resolved most of my issues at that level. But I hung on to my M6 at C4/C5 even though the Foramen was not cleaned out there either, but not as bad as C5/C6.

Forgot to mention I had a Prestige ST at C3/C4 with no problems here in the States in April 2010.

So I went for my 1 year follow up with my surgeon. The Prestige ST looks fine, Foramen look good. But as luck would have it my C4/C5 M6 is fused over. So my 46K to Stenum is now officially gone. One disk removed, one fused over. Looking back should have just fused the 2 levels.

By the way I live on NSAIDs, that did not slow down the ossification process for me. For what it's worth, my surgeon did mention that their starting to see many ossification issues with low profile disks.

I do not notice any lack of movement with my now 3 fusions C4/5 - C6/7 and (1)ADR C3/C4. If the Dr. didn't tell me about the Ossification at C4/C5 I never would have known.