Thread: Bad news update
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 02:46 PM

Default re my surgery date

Blair,
Reading what you wrote about the facet degen at L5S1 has made me think that possibly the fusion at this level is the best option for me even tho mentally I detest it... seems like I have some facet degen going on but between Dr.D and Dr.R it seemed like it may have been negligible and ADR could be a possibility there. Of course WC isn't hearing of a two level disc replacement while only one level is FDA approved.

I have been doing quite well actually. Much less pain, much more active. Of course, I don't work, don't go to school and can kick back at my leisure. It's just that some activities that were previously difficult to impossible to do, I can do easily with no repercussions and I've been riding on the back of a BMW motorcycle intermittantly which is something I never thought I could do.

I'd even like to buy my own motorcycle!! Will start w/riding my bike tho~

Ok, all that being said, I do have a surgery date of May 10th and I was planning to have bunion surgery on my right foot beforehand. Recently my 3rd left toe had a tendon go into spasm and lock so my toe wouldn't straight out, and was flexed into a painful position. 3 cortisone shots later it's a bit better but still painful to bear weight on and I have to splint it to walk .

Podiatrist is talking multilevel toe surgery to cut bone and straighten 3 toes out vs. cutting tendon to one which would leave it floppy and other toes compensating w/grip.

Who'd thought my toes would crap out on me????!!!!! Anyway, I'm taking it day by day to see if this will improve w/o surgery as I'd like to avoid it if possible~

So far, that's what's going on w/me~