View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 07:06 PM

Default not sure

re fusion/ADR I don't remember if all disc is removed. There was a time when I was interested and probably if I had to have one of these surgeries I'd be interested again!

What boggles my mind is when I read on a spine forum that a surgeon recommends multi multi level discectomies at one time like all lumbar discs(and someone actually follows thru w/that). That person ended up w/failed surgery and had to have fusion of all levels that had previously had discetomies.

Both of my levels rebulged although L5S1 actually rebulged after L4 rebulged and I had surgery on L5S1 first. Results at that level were good for over a year and life was so nice for that period of time.. then L4 went and things were bad and after the L4 percuteneous discectomy went from bad to much worse (than I could have imagined I could ever feel).

My first discectomy was a big open one and I healed well from it with a steady progression. The 2nd discectomy was a big failure w/rapidly ensuing problems.

Oh well, live and learn. I've reached a level of comfort/functioning/ability that I had so long ago thought I'd never achieve I'm fairly satisfied w/it "for now."

Felt like I spent a few hundred years in hell when my back was at it's worse post failed surgery!