View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 11:10 PM

Default Dreams Do Come True

Now that I have recovered from our ADR ski trip and made it though a very busy week, I have time to share a few stories with all of you from the trip. We dropped out a side door of the Resort and skied our first run in the trees to the chair lift. After surviving their fist 5 turns, Mark and Doreen were ready for anything. The first lesson was how to put the lift ticket on, technology has changed but Mark friend, Clark, would not have anything to do with that as he clicked into his 1980 straight skis (I wanted to hide). I realized right away that Mark was a true adrenaline junky as he shot by me going mock speed sleight dead ahead. Doreen on the other hand is a beautiful skier with great form and grace. I wanted to give back to Mark for all his support by sharing a few ski tips but he would have nothing to do with that so I gave up on him because his full body rotation did cause the skis to make some turns. We caught the last chair ride up at 4:00, yes this was Mark’s great idea and I should have called it, but instead Doreen sacrificed her face for the group. Good thing she was OK. All and all the weekend was a blast and I want to thank Mark, Doreen and Clark for coming to visit and making my dream come true. The months before my surgery I dreamed of skiing again and sharing my dream with others that have suffered the same situation. I though my life was over during those dark days of pain. So for those of you on the other side, I would say dream your dreams and have faith that you will be able to join us next year for our 2nd annual ADR ski trip.
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99