View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 03:23 PM

Default re discograms

I had 3 and while sedated to a degree I knew which discs were super painful for sure! Some surgeons don't sedate at all to get a "true" response I suppose but for me I'd be so anxious I'd scream just at the thought of the needle going anywhere and probably have jumped off the table the way my L5S1 area felt upon a "sedated" discogram (I pretty much near screamed Stopppppp!!!!!). I was supposed to be able to respond during each one so I definately wasn't that heavily sedated!

Sedation is what I get when I have my ESIs and I don't know what's going on and it's over before I do!

Oh well he sounds like my first OSS who said the same thing to me when I asked him the results directly after the discogram or rather he actually said "you wouldn't remember what I'm telling you because you were too heavily sedated" and what I actually felt wasn't I wasn't sedated enough and I'm not sure L3 wasn't a "false" response from me just as it was the first disc tested and I reacted because I was so anxious! Plus my doc likes to make that kind of exit as well.. (I've had the same OSS the last 14 years or so and not had any surgery done w/him!)!

Glad you're exercising your 2nd and ? more surgical opinion options. For my last surgery recommended everyone agreed on the same thing (tho I didn't have the surgery). Excellent decision re quitting smoking and wishing you the best w/that. Sounds like you'll be ready for surgery end of April mentally and physically!

Last edited by Maria; 03-12-2011 at 03:26 PM.