View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 12:56 PM

Default re pain meds/pain/other effects

Hi Grima,
Thanks for responding~ yes, it's taken quite a few years to reach this point as before on Methadone for years I would *nod* when sitting, and fall asleep if not upright just about. Now I'm like the Energizer Bunny tho as you say, the concentration part isn't really there. I'm Ok if I'm walking or out doing something that is physical, but anything worth concentrating on I feel a bit distraught.

I lowered my dose of M again over the weekend and not only do I have the GI symptoms of withdrawl going on, last night I had terrific back pain~ it was really nasty and I just wished I had an epidural steroid injection being given at the moment. My legs were also very heavy, with burning in the quads...

Today I'll bring myself back up to my usual dose of pain med as the pain is intolerable in terms of functioning. From what I understand this pain can just be like a rebound reaction to lowering the dose but it surely feels just like what I was experiencing before pain meds or before the effect was as profound pain wise.

Sorry to hear your body reacted so strongly to this medication that you had to be hospitalized~ have you been able to be regulated on any other pain med that gave relief?