View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 09:49 PM

Default The M and other drug perils!!!!!!

Hi Maria,

I did get GI upset with M but not withdrawels although when I was on Durogesic patches(fentanyl)
I experienced withdrawels and it was disgustingly horrible! I starten to vomit on the patches so the PM Dr just told me to take them off so I did. That night and for the following 2 nights/days i felt sick, like I has a million ants crawling on me and was unable to stop moving for even a second. Sleep was unacheiveable.
I have not been able to be stabilized on any pain meds all of them make me vomit and I have severe reactions to the anti-nausea meds (anaphylactic).
That is why I had the Neurostimulator implanted but it only helps foot burning pain. when I have this strong foot burning and I turn the stimulator off it immediately returns so maybe the reason for your pain increase may also just be that the cause of the pain has not been rectified. As we all know. pain meds help symptoms but don't fix the actual spine problem so mechanically caused pain will always return!

I always have the quad burning that you describe and although i have had foot/toe spasms they haven't been as bad as you have had. I have zero functioning at the moment due to pain levals so i'm like "bring the surgery on". I have 4 kids 3-14 and it is too hard to run a household from a lounge on your back!!!!

Take Care
Lorna Grima
(grima6)