Thread: AN update
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 07:28 PM

Hi i would also agree with Maria about vicoden. It does absolutely nothing for me. I have been on morphine sulphate (long acting) and 20mg of percocet as o ne dose about 3-4 times per day.
I did request a thoracic discography and my doctor agreed it was a reasonable request when i had the unrelenting , worsening thoracic pain continue . I too had work on C4-7, but mine was a fusion. He never suggested the pain was from a fusion.
In my discography the pain generator was found although all my discs had some level of tears and herniation. The T7-8 brought me to tears and moaning. Same pain ,but a lot worse. Another disc was also a pain generator and some although they had problems, did not produce any pain. Some were moderate to mild and the surgeon would not operate on those even though my surgeon asked him to. I was referred to DrRegan for the Vats procedure.

If you are so sure, ask for discography , but please have a doctor find someone who has done the thoracic before.
Get some stronger meds from your doctor if what you have does not work. I was also put on cymbalta. Works as an anitidepressant, but not a pain reliever for me.
Most of all good luck with all of this , you are not alone
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy