Thread: Bad news update
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 06:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to Blairsara

Maria,
I'm so sorry to hear about your toes. You're exactly right... who'd think that with everything that's been going on that your toes would crap out.

I don't want you to think that you should do a fusion because of what's going on with me. I'm in a very low percentile with everything... I think out of the 5% of the people to end up with facet joint pain after ADR I'm part of the .05% of people to need a revision. Also, I think that the other discs don't allow as much movement as do the Charite. But I'm really glad to hear that your back is doing better than it was when I met you.

Tomorrow I go and see Dr. Fuller about time release pain meds. Both Dr R and Dr L recommended that I go on them because at this point there is nothing left to do besides the surgery. I'm worried that I won't be able to get through these next two months of school. I wish that I could just have the surgery now and get it over with but I cant. Oh well, I've lasted the last 6 months, I can go another 2!

Is Dr. D doing your surgery on May 10th? Are you going to have the bunion surgery? Again, I'm glad that you're doing much better! I hope that it continues to get better, and that you might not need the surgery. That happened to my mom, she had a bulging disc hitting her sciatic. She went to Dr. D in the early 90's and he said that she could have surgery or do nothing. She did nothing and it went away after about a year or so.

Anyways, I hope you had a good weekend, and good luck.

Blair
Spondylolisthesis
1/04 fall in Vegas
1/04-5/04 epiderals
6/24/04 Charite L5/S1
10/04-present new pain from facet joints caused by Charite; 10 facet blocks
12/06 rhizotomy left side
3/07 rhizotomy right side
5/10/2007 Charite removed, anterior IF, posterior instrumentation
180 mg MS-contin; Oxycodone; 16 mg Zanaflex