Thread: Bad news update
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 11:27 PM

Default my back..

Blair,
Yes, it's Dr.D that I'm scheduled to have the surgery with. I have been commenting on how great I've been doing and the last few nights my spine has been really bothering me as well as mornings. Really aching/painful.
I took my Methadone today and my back didn't feel as good as I would have liked, but I was pretty busy this morning and had to sit driving back and forth a bit.

I don't know whether I'm still tender from a kind of long drive this last Weds (2 hours back and forth) for which I still didn't actually sit completely but rather reclined the passenger seat and laid on my side as best I could.. or just starting to really feel that it's time for another ESI as it's been 5 months from the last one and usually by the 6 month mark in between I'm a screaming back pain mess...

My bad back history is very very long so to have a good 5 month period really isn't like saying I'm well, but perhaps I've been fortunate enough to do well, enjoy myself and question whether surgery is necessary "right now".

I did find that when my toe was really painful and I was limping, I had some pretty intense radicular pain on the right side going on, and additional pain across my low back that made it more painful than usual, to the point of curtailing activities to some degree.

If I were going to school or working, I would have had this surgery already quite some time ago as I'd be flat out horizontal screaming in pain ~ yep~ that'd all have made up my mind for me!

Next podiatry appt. is this Thurs ~ no surgery scheduled yet. Will see what's up by then~

Last edited by Maria; 03-19-2007 at 11:33 PM.