View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 03:50 AM

Default Family

Hooch,
I don't have much of a relationship w/my brother. Won't get into it but was really mad at him recently and had to just stuff it and do what I had to do and then known the degree of anger would die down. Not sure I wouldn't lash out anytime soon so want to be careful not to engage in much conversation w/him if any except over business matters.

I have had to let go of toxic relationships before. One that was within the last 5-6 years and was very painful/toxic. Person still lives very close by and I just stopped talking to him. So many feelings I had over those first few years and then finally getting to that realization about things being toxic and no way could this person change or at least not in interaction w/me. I'm pretty determined. Once I make up my mind to move along emotionally I make my mind go there and my heart usually follows. Then eventually the anger dies down into nothingness (acceptance of sorts or who gives a rat's arse). What is it.. denial, anger, grieving, acceptance.. guess I skipped a couple of stages but whatever they are they span thru everything in life pretty much.

Letting go is sometimes the best thing we can do no matter what the relationship of the person is to us. Sorry to hear your Dad has been this toxic person to you esp. when you needed him to come thru for you in extreme circumstances. We all have to move on the best way possible for our individual situation but it is pretty devasting when a family member is the person that we have that toxic relationship w/. Sucks. Sorry to hear it though you certainly sound capable of getting thru it.

Last edited by Maria; 03-22-2011 at 03:57 AM.