View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 12:57 PM

Default No ADR

Not even on my dog.. that sounds like my OSS and what he wouldn't offer me until he started doing ADRs. Then it was offered (and already had been by others).

I can't comment on anything except to suggest getting a few more opinions. Unless you're in an emergent situation you have time and since you're as young as you are I would definately take the time to get a few more opinions even if you have to travel a bit. Find surgeons that have been doing ADR for some years now as well as fusion and get the their opinion.

When I was checking out 2nd surgical opinions (and 3rd,4th,5th and 6th) I would call the surgeon's office and ask to speak to the personal secretary or assistant and inquire if the surgeon does perform ADR and for how long/how many before scheduling an appt. I found out quite a bit of information this way and even had several surgeons call me back and speak w/me personally.

When it all got down to it all surgeons agreed on what they'd do tho by this time I was feeling better so didn't have any further surgery (I've had a very long history of back probs and 2 previous surgeries).

I think Mark is the best resource layperson there is out there because of his experience and I would definately take whatever he has to say into serious consideration and if you're so inclined contact him personally. He has been a great help to many of us here!

Good luck. Proceed w/caution and do your homework for real on this. Whatever Mark has told you please check further into. You'll probably get more information from him than any surgical consults you've had to date.