View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 03:40 PM

Default re letter to normals

I get tired of hearing that I *look normal*. If I felt more normal I'd act it on a regular basis, not just after the max dose of pain med hits me, or when I take an extra partial or full dose to try to keep up w/a semi normal pace of others.

For the longest time I stopped doing nearly anything that other *normals* did. Over the last 6 months I've been hanging out with people that don't have significant spine or limb/other complaints and recently what I've heard from 2 persons (guys) is that I *complain alot*.

Excuse me... I don't mean to complain but I am saying what limits I have or should have and sometimes I am in pain and need to STOP or just avoid a certain activity, sit down, lay down or whatever~

One person is a good friend and I know he's just saying it because he listens to me and blows it off, the other person was actually saying this as a negative comment about my personality...

I try to be compassionate to others, listen to what is bothering them even if it's a social problem not a physical one~ and I rarely comment that one is *complaining too much*.. unless it's unduly so about something that is really not a big deal~

This letter hits the nail on the head tho and I wish the normals out could read it and get it tho I have to wonder will anyone get it until they have someone in their family close to them, or they themselves have to deal with chronic pain...