View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 05:47 PM

I emailed my endocrinologist to let him know how the test went at Cedars Sinai hospital. I told him it was available on line. He is on staff there and emailed it to me sat morning. I am so glad as i have not received it from the hospital yet. I sent it to all doctors involved or asking to be involved. DrKrieger's office is setting up an apt. with a thoracic surgeon for me . I should here early next week. My pulmonologist said it is nothing we didn't already know. Of course he totally disapproved of me even having the nerve tested! The report came out with a slight weakness on both sides of the nerve, but also a 35% decrease on the injured side. so at 45% lung capacity now, i would go up to 80% lung capacity if the surgery worked. Big difference for me.
My pulmonologist thought it was a little improvement and maybe not worth the risk. A friend of mine said, i bet if you tell him he is getting a 35% decrease in pay it would no longer be a little !!!
So i hope it all happens soon. But once again i am just recovering from a big surgery and headed into another one. Story of my last 3 years.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot