View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 07:48 PM

Send a message via MSN to Keano16 Send a message via Skype™ to Keano16

Hello,

I have lots of experience with annular tears and I have read lots of scientific literature about this issue.

My recommendations would be:
1. Finding a good "minimally-invasive" spine surgeon
2. Doing discography (nobody will do any treatment for annular tear until they confirm pain with discography)
3. Depending on tear size trying to shrink the disc and seal tear with laser (PLDD). Alternatively, biacuplasty sounds like a good solution. No experience with biacuplasty though.
4. If tear is bigger, then endoscopic treatment is next step
5. If tear is unsolvable my this two minimally-invasive methods, solutions are ADR or fusion. This step also includes finding a good surgeons in your area that is skilled for this types of surgeries.

Considering you suffer from 2009, I think chances of tear healing are small! I think micro-discectomy is not a good step for annular tears, especially based on literature I've read.

All best

2005 - 2012: Rich personal experience with spinal disorders and various treatments (surgical, therapeutic, diagnostic)
Co-Founder: Vertebris Internationl Spine Hospital
Founder: Spinoteka - Society for Spine Diseases

Last edited by Keano16; 03-27-2011 at 07:50 PM.