View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 08:42 PM

Keano, thank you for the response.

I don't know to much about PLDD. Is the procedure broadly available? Or is it mostly performed out of the U.S or I think a Dr. Cho in Colorado?

I would not consider a Discography unless I was getting ready for surgery. From what I understand there are studies supporting discography, there are also studies showing discography creating pain in asymptomatic disks? So who's right, who's wrong? If it comes to that for me I hope I pick the right one.

I suffered with sciatica since August of 2009. However, every time it settled I did stupid things like lifting a coach, cleaning my basement with lots of twisting and lifting. I did not "taper back" until I got my MRI results earlier this month showing a tear. So not sure if I'm still early in the game or not.

As for time, the only example I have is my doctor had a tear which then turned into a full blown herniation. He was telling me he was in incredible pain for 18 months, did lots of PT (as much as he could stand), changed his diet and at about the 18 months it resolved itself. That was 8 years ago. He may be one of the lucky ones?

I have read medical literature that says most tears resolve in 6 months, up to 2 years and less than 10% require surgery. The problem is finding those who have had a "resolution".

Thanks again for your input and please feel free to share any experiences with me.