View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 12:29 AM

Mark, our pain sounds so similar. The pain level (thoracic) that you describe and what makes it increase is the same.

Quote:
On most days, I experience pain levels of 7 or 8, but I also spend more time at 2 than at 7 and above. If I can not do anything, I'll avoid high pain levels but it's impossible for me to live like that. If I try to push through, I'll get to a 9 pretty quickly.
I recently gave the exact above story to my pain management dr. when she said that I needed to push through my pain during the day and to add exercise. I explained to her that when I push through the pain then I can't control it.

Against her advice, I have changed the way that I use my day. I do tasks in very short amounts of time. It seems to have helped. It is very frustrating, as you know. You get going and want to keep going. I now know that it will send me into uncontrolable pain.

I just had a myelogram done and we have been talking about doing an ablation. I read all of your posts here and I couldn't find the answer. Can you tell me what pain relief (if any) are you having now from your ablation? Is it the same as above? Would you do it again?

Thanks.
2 Ruptured Thoracic Discs (T7/8, T9/10)
DDD