Thread: New Update
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 03:31 AM

Default I think I recall

Hearing when fusing multiple levels the S1 level could give pain that may not otherwise be happening so maybe that's why the surgeon suggested that along w/a 4 level fusion. It seems w/a fusion of that magnitude L1 would have to be fused eventually as well... are none of your levels ADR worthy such as L2 or L3?

Good luck w/further consults Gil. I have learned to take some of what surgeons say w/a grain of salt. I was told long ago that I would need a 3 level global fusion and didn't have it and after a while I was told that if I had done the 3 level global fusion I would most likely need the other 2 lumbar levels fused in ?? amt. of time (could not predict). I'm pretty sure that might have been an accurate prediction.

I've read about a few persons I think that have had magnitudes of fusion such as you're mentioning and have had good outcomes. Pretty sure when it comes to this it picking a great surgeon to do this magnitude of work is important and equally important is patient selection.

Please continue to keep us posted and I definately wish you the best w/all your consultations and overall outcome no matter what surgical avenue you pursue!

Last edited by Maria; 04-01-2011 at 03:39 AM.