View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 04:38 PM

Tedk
HOme in one day , you are really pushing it. I had VATS procedure to remove some painful thoracic discs. I did have a severe complication of the surgery where the surgeon damaged the phrenic nerve that controls the diaphram muscle, so my stay was long.
But any time the chest is entered it is major surgery. Please take meds if you need them, and don't head to your motorbike in the beginning of May. I have had lots of surgery and used to rush back to trail running, my love, but these last 3 have me slowed down. I want things to heal properly. sorry for the lecture.
I had lung surgery a few months after the vats, and my ribs hurt for like 6 months, but better all the time. now my side seems to hurt when i yawn , possibly scar tissue. I did rush back into it just to prove to myself that i could still be athletic with severe lung damage so i see where you are coming from.
be careful
judy

newhere
how are you doing? did you get the inversion table yet? any more happening with your thoracic problem? How about depression? Is it under control? I worry about you like you are my own son. I do have a 25 year old son and that is why i would hate for this pain to be happening to him as i do not like it happening to you
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot