View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 03:30 PM

Default Scs

It has been one year since the implant of the spinal cord stimulator when the surgery went horribly wrong. After months of consulting with a neurosurgeon I have decided to let the surgeons remove the spinal cord stimulator. The banding pain around my chest has become a lot worse about 7 on pain scale and the loss of feeling in my abdomen and parts of my back has become wide spread. Everything has become a lot worse. Consulting with my neurosurgeon he things that removing the spinal cord stimulator may alleviate some of this pain and loss of feeling. He will not know how bad the scar tissue and what exactly is going on until he does the surgery. He is also worried about my dura since the last surgeon accidentially cut open the dura which caused me to loose l large amount of cerebral (sp) fluid ultimately causing the surgeon to fill the hole in my dura with a special foam that stopped the leak. My surgeon told me that because there were problems with my dura the risk of problems with this surgery is a lot higher. I do now have any hopes of alleviating the pain after what happened to me with the last surgery in March 2010. I am getting desperate as the pain has become quite unbearable. I will be having the surgery this Friday (April 8th). I will update the list after I am home and can sit long enough to send an update