View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 07:49 PM

Default Range of motion

I do have some issues with range of motion but it it isn't major and I still feel the fusion was the right choice. I was in bed for most of ten years so the only direction I had to go was up. The things I have most trouble with are backing up when driving and sweeping, washing floors. There are some absolutely crazy driveways here which I will not attempt.

Living in the bay area is a challenge. I have many steps to where I live and my bedroom is on the second floor. I don't have problems climbing stairs in fact my neighbors have over 60 steps to their house. I try not to lift too much as I'm afraid of putting stress on the other discs. I feel like the steps help as it gives me more exercise. There are lots of things I won't do for fear I will mess things up.

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.