View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 01:39 PM

Default neither

Option you mention sound that good to me. I've had 2 discectomies and they both rebulged and both within a short period of time ~ real short. One can never predict how long that option would last..you may do well you may not though most likely the disc level will rebulge and/or create more problems at some date.

Fusion. I dunno seems like if you have that at L5S1 and you already have a weakened disc level at L4 even if a small bulge chances are that level is going to have more stress on it and bulge more. Then again.. ??? who knows.

It'd be interesting to hear what maybe Dr. Zeegers and/or Dr. Bertagnoli or other surgeons of their skill/magnitude would have to say regarding your case and what they would do.

What I like about at least getting an opinion from them is they don't base it on what the FDA has approved in this country and what insurance will pay. It's based on what they think would work best for you and I believe they have everything to work with unrestricted. Although that's not to say there aren't extremely skilled spine surgeons in this country as well.

Unfortunately I know only too well how it is to have to consider what insurance will pay and/or financial constraints.

Good luck. I'm not sure my opinion counts for anything although I would only hope anyone considering spine surgery will do much better than I have with it.