View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 04:21 AM

An update on me.
i had the surgery all set with the neurosurgeon agreeing to do it and had a thoracic surgeon in mind. THen the neurosurgeon spoke with my pulmonologist on monday and the whole idea of surgery is off. I cried all day and still some today.
My pulmonologist was never for investigating the nerve and he believed there is no one to fix it. So i find a surgeon, perhaps one of 2 in the country , but the one who has studied this particular nerve and breathing for 20 years. He tells me to find a place to have the nerve tested. It is a rare procedure. well i did at Cedars and the doctors both agreed he did an awesome job. But somehow the pulmonologist convinced the surgeon that he would do more harm than good (and he did not even know anyone could fix the nerve) I am really upset about this. I would like to make it up the stairs without having to stop and breathe at the top. I do not improve with any medications. My pulmonologist says i will improve yet he told me no improvement yet that nite after testing and i have been hiking.

Sorry this was a big rambled thing, i am just so upset as i had my hopes right up there . Now i will always be tired all day, and that sucks. No big mountains for me and that sucks too. No running after possible future grandkids. Oh i do feel a great loss.

thanks guys for caring., I care about you too.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot